Have you ever just lay in a river and hot spring under a curtain of stars? Have you ever built your own tent and start your own fire to cook for yourself?
The Breakup Bicycle Camp is not just a tour on a bike, but a journey to learn the skills to survive in the wild, and ultimately, learn more about yourself.
About the Jingying Hot Spring：
Jingying Hot Spring (精英野溪溫泉) is a wild hot spring in Nantou, Renai Township where Seediq people have resided. Throughout the journey, we must follow the path from the top, and pass the tea garden in the mountain to arrive at the river of Talowan to enjoy the wild hot spring. The hot spring is only available in the dry season during winter (November to March), making it a unique feature of Taiwanese wild hot springs.
- Date: 3/25-26
- Meet-up time: 09:00am/ 09:30 am
- Meet-up location: Taichung station/ Taichung HSR station-P2 temporary parking area
- Size of class: 6-14 people
Cycle distance: 10K (around 2hours)
- Camping venue: Jingying Hot Spring
Recommended clothing and belongings: Shorts, short sleeve shirts, waterproof shoes (eg. Sandals, canvas), personal tablewares, slippers, snacks, water, plastic bags.
- Fee includes: Dinner on the first night, breakfast and lunch on the second day, local transportation, camping equipment, kitchenware, insurance. An additional $500 for renting equipment (including advanced mountain bike with wide tire and sleeping bag.
- 11：30 Lunch at 廬山部落
- 13：00 Bicycle renting and set off
- 15：00 Arriving 精英部落，interchange with local shuttle bus
- 15：30 Arriving Jingying Hot Spring，explore Jingying waterfall and enjoy the hot spring
- 17：00 Camping, preparing for Taiwan traditional hotpot and barbecue, chatting and enjoying the hot spring at a starry night
- 10：00 Exploring the 2nd Jingying Hot Spring：Yunhai Hot Spring
- 12：00 Dismantle tents
- 13：30 Back to 精英部落
- 14：00 Riding back to 廬山部落
- 15：00 Arrive 廬山部落, back to Taichung city
- 17：00 Arrive Taichung city
Note for Participants:
- Route of the event is physically demanding. Participants are recommended to bike more before going.
- Mountain permits are needed for this tour, please email us your personal details after signing up for purchasing of the insurance and the mountain permit.
- Breakup Tours will send confirmation emails to participants once a group is formed. Participants will be notified 48 hrs prior to the activity at the latest.
- Participants should purchase their own insurance if they wish to.
- The minimum no. of participants is 6, activities may be canceled due to insufficient participants. In that case, all fees will be refunded.
- Participants should consider their own capabilities and health conditions before participating in the classes.
- If participants experience dizziness, nausea, chest pain, irregular breathing, and other discomforts, stop exercising immediately.
- This activity is not suitable for people with heart disease, diabetes, and/or high blood pressure.
- Breakup Tours will not be responsible for any participant's accidents or injuries as a result of fitness activities.
- Breakup Tours will not refund if you cancel the booking due to personal reasons.
- Breakup Tours does not accept the request of changing the date once you have purchased.
- The activity may be canceled if the weather condition is bad. For more information, please check our "Bad Weather Contingency".